1. Click Start button, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.
Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. Highlight Networking Services, click Details...
4. Place a checkmark in Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), click OK.
5. Click Next. The WINS Service is now being installed on the
server. Have the Windows Server 2003 CD in the CD-ROM.
6. Click Finish when it's done installing.
7. Close Control Panel.
8. Click Start, Administrative Tools, WINS. This opens the WINS
9. Really not much to configure here unless you want to. You can
right-click your server name and go to Properties. You can change the intervals
and enable Event Logging if desired.
10. WINS server is now set up. Be sure to configure the clients
to use this server as their primary WINS server in the Network Properties
window, the same place where you configure IP address, DNS, etc.
11. I set my test Windows98 PC to use this server as its primary
WINS server. After rebooting that client, I see it's records populated on the
12. If more than one WINS server were on the LAN, you would then
set up those WINS servers as Replication Partners to keep everything replicated.